10 tips for your holiday
in Tirolo, near Merano
The Mediterranean climate, beautiful landscapes and excellent food and wine: these are just some of the many reasons for choosing to spend a holiday in Tirolo, near Merano. Guests can enjoy leisurely valley hikes or challenging tours to 3,000 meters above sea level. Don’t forget to explore the rich cultural heritage and the numerous events planned: you can enjoy a memorable stay in South Tyrol.
We have gathered 10 tips for your holiday in Tirolo.
- Wander in the Texel Group to see the Soprànes Lakes, the largest lake group of South Tirolo, Alta Via di Merano or the farms of Muta, important witnesses of farming culture and history of the area. This hiker's paradise starts right here in Tirolo.
- Treat yourself to wonderful sports activities: countless routes for bikes, tennis and volleyball courts and more await you...
- Experience the thrill of paragliding and gaze on Merano and its surroundings from above, or try your hand at an exciting rafting tours on the Passirio river.
- Take in impressive flight demonstrations by owls and birds of prey at the Bird Care Center at Castel Tirolo.
- Let yourself be seduced by the charm of Tirolo Castle, the most important manor and the main attraction of the area, located just steps from Amelia. Today it houses the historical and cultural museum of the Province of Bolzano and is a prime location for various events.
- Participate in the beloved series of culinary events "Tirolo tra pentole e fornelli” (Tirolo in the kitchen) during the spring season and watch restaurant chefs at work.
- Take the Tappeiner Promenade and enjoy a magnificent view of Merano and the Adige Valley. The route is lined with an incredible variety of local and exotic plants.
- Reach the centre of Merano in a different way by chairlift, running from Mt. Benedetto, in Tirolo.
- Visit the parish church of San Pietro in Quarazze and admire important frescoes and paintings of the Romanesque, Gothic and pre-Gothic periods.
- Enjoy a magnificent panoramic tour with many scenic views and opportunities to stop on the Herrschaftsweg path passing by Tirolo Castle and reaching the Farmer cross.